Best Media Room Entry Criteria
Media Rooms are gathering spaces which integrate at least one screen and two speakers with the primary purpose of supporting many different media uses, such as, watching movies, listening to music, gaming, and viewing broadcast TV.
These multi-purpose spaces afford high quality audio and video performance, but will typically demonstrate technical compromises to fit within the aesthetic scheme of the room.
The CEDIA Awards judging panel will be looking for Media Rooms which show not only how the space has been engineered to maximise audio and video performance but also demonstrate intelligent and creative integration of the technology into the room.
In all instances, the judging panel will be looking for design and installation excellence and innovation which demonstrate intelligent value engineering.
Please include accompanying high quality, high resolution images with your entry. These should include as a minimum requirement:
1. A view of the screen and front speakers as seen at the primary viewing position.
2. A view of the display device including any additional photos illustrating any motorisation or concealment methods.
3. Views showing the position of any surround speakers relative to the viewing position.
4. Views showing any equipment housing or racking. Preferably showing detail of any cooling provision that has been made.
5. An overall view (or views) that show the space at its best and demonstrate the overall design philosophy.
6. View(s) showing the user interface(s).
7. Views illustrating any other technology integration such as control of window dressings and lighting scenes.
Views showing work in progress may also be useful for the judges. Images submitted must be available as high resolution JPEGs.
Video footage may also be supplied in addition to photography.
For more information, please contact CEDIA EMEA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1480 213744.